If you’re a post-secondary student residing in Ontario, you can now access Good2Talk’s free, 24/7 mental health support through Facebook Messenger. Our trained volunteer crisis responders are just one message away!Get Started
Sometimes it’s tough to communicate your thoughts and feelings out loud.
Our crisis responders are here to support you about whatever’s on your mind — including things like loneliness, anxiety, family and friends, abuse and more.
To contact us using Messenger, you:
- need to have access to the Messenger app or Facebook website
- must agree to Facebook’s terms of service in your province/territory
- need to have Messenger installed, in order to access this service from a mobile device
If you need support but can’t/prefer not to use Messenger, you can still call or text us any time!
Call Us: 1-866-925-5454
Or, Text GOOD2TALKON to 686868
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Am I eligible for this service?
You’re eligible to access this service if you’re a current post-secondary student residing in Ontario. Post-secondary institutions include (but are not limited to) colleges, universities, trade schools and Indigenous institutions.
Who will I be talking to?
Good2Talk’s crisis responders are trained to support you and help you move from a hot moment to a cool calm. Crisis responders are a community of dedicated volunteers from across Canada who are passionate about helping people. Crisis responders are supervised by professional Kids Help Phone staff.
Please note crisis responders are not professional counsellors. If you would like to talk with a counsellor, you can still call Good2Talk at 1-866-925-5454.
How does it work?
Follow these steps to reach one of our crisis responders via Messenger!
- Send us a message using the Messenger app or Facebook website.
- You’ll receive a few short messages about your privacy.
- A crisis responder receives your message and lets you know they are available to support you.
- The crisis responder will help you move from a hot moment to a cool moment.
- You can end the conversation at any time by sending in the word STOP. (This means that we will not send you any more messages unless you message us again.)
How does Good2Talk protect my privacy?
Good2Talk is committed to protecting your privacy. We only store information that helps us understand and improve our service, but we will never reveal identifying information about you.
If you would like to erase any information you shared with Good2Talk / Kids Help Phone, you can respond with the word LOOFAH and all of your conversation data will be deleted automatically.
Does Facebook see or store my conversation?
Facebook does not use Messenger data in their advertising systems, but they do have your conversation data when you use the app or website.